Re: Fwd: beauty contest?/Introduction

Hi Ed, you wrote:
>Steve--I've know Brian Wolinski for years a am saddened that he moved to
>Florida, and has apparently dropped out of the hobby.  As a born again
>(several times) aquarist, I expect that Brian will be back some day.
>Anyway--Brian was a member of the Pacific Coast Cichlid Assn and  there
>are other members who (many of them on this list) may be able to help
>you locate dwarf cichlids.  I talked to Aaron (don't remember his last
>name) at the December meeting and he said he was shipping in some
>Dicrossus maculata, several dwarf pikes, and some other pretty exotic
>fish in.  Aaron is a list member also.  Perhaps if Aaron reads this
>post, he may comment.  Anyway--the PCCA meets the second Saturday of
>each month at the Round Table Pizza at Moorpark and Saratoga Ave in  San
>Jose.  Just a hop, skip, and a jump from San Francisco.  There are a few
>apisto finatics who would probably be happy to meet you and talk
>apistos.
 I was very active in the P.C.C.A. as a teen, even won the annual cichlid
quiz a few times. My weekend work schedule these "responsible" adult days,
precludes saturday night pizza and cichlid talk unfortunately. Is Hal Makin
still around- another apisto guru? I really should send in a membership
though. I'd love to hear from any bay area dwarf cichlid people that might
be on this list. Regards,
- - Steve

Steven J. Waldron                          e-mail: swaldron@slip.net
2550 Balboa St. #2                         phone: (415) 386-7377
San Francisco, California, 94121 USA

"I like the look of frogs, and their outlook, and especially the way
they get together in wet places on warm nights and sing about sex."
                                 - Archie Carr, The Windward Road