Fwd: Re: Fwd: beauty contest?/Introduction

Steve wrote:
> I was very active in the P.C.C.A. as a teen, even won the annual
cichlid
>quiz a few times. My weekend work schedule these "responsible" adult
days,
>precludes saturday night pizza and cichlid talk unfortunately. Is Hal
Makin
>still around- another apisto guru? I really should send in a membership
>though. I'd love to hear from any bay area dwarf cichlid people that
might
>be on this list. Regards,
>- Steve
Steve--Sad to say, but I haven't seen Hal at a club meeting for about
six months.  Hal had been club treasurer until that time.  Hal had
started a newsletter called the Dwarf Cichlid Conspiracy that was sent
to a small mailing list of people who were interested in dwarf ciclids.
Pete Johnson took over the role of editor after a while and did an
excellent job of it.  Both are excellent writers.  The newsletter got
pretty popular (from my perspective) but due to lack of time (adult
schedules etc.)--it kind of faded from the scene.  I know that many
people misses it.  Pete Johnson is on this list also.