Re: ?apisto

> I have a pair of unknown apisto male has a mouth like a cacatuoides,tall
> dorsal topped with bright red both have a lyretail with long spikes help
> please?

At a guess they could be A.bitaeniata (many other species
would fit the bill also). Is there a red coloured band
along the top of the fish just below the dorsal fin, this
is a feature of bitaeniata?  Is there any colour/bands in
the tail?

I would think though you have two males rather than a pair.
I don't know any species where the females have a lyretai,
although I could be wrong.

Good luck,
Ken.