Re: A. nijsenni

Thomas Soelter wrote:

> But therefor is a lack of females sometimes you're lucky if get
>  one
> female.
>
> Thomas

Hi again,

lot of true things. The starting point was: I prefer to buy a group of young
apistos, and what's your opinion. Interesting which controversial debate we
started. BTW: what do you think is the reason for the lack of females? In an old
(1970 ff) collection of articles I found some interesting articles. Is it
possible, that the male to female ratio is depending on: temperature, pH,
hardness and last but not least on the age of the parents? One author wrote he
had a pair ;.} with an old male and a young female A. agassitzii. The result was
a fry of 45 percent male and 55 percent female. Ideally! The fry of A. agas. in
the same age was 80 perc. male...! Don't know if it is true. Is it conceivable?

Wilfred

Wilfred Teiser - Germany
phoenix1@t-online.de