Mating behavior? (A.cruzi)

Hi to all!

What is the normal mating behavior in Apistos? (I have A.cruzi, but
think, here is a common pattern). Some time ago male started to court
female, and both become of very nice bright colors - male with brihgt
blue specles, female bright yellow with black spots. They both seemed
happy and I really expected the spawn soon. But after a while male
changed his behavior - he chases female around and calms down only then
he manages to get her into the cave. That would be nice, but not the the
extreme - in general resembles an ortodox moslem married to a modern
feminist. He does not want to let her out and she does not want to stay
in. He chases her around untill she is in the cave (any one of three),
does not let her even eat normally, she now has shredded caudal and turns
gray in his presence, although in his absence she is the same bright
yellow).

Is it normal behavior or she really does ot like him? Do I need to do
something to help them? Do they need any treatment for shredded fins?

Thanks

Lilia