white little worms

"Pierluigi e Simone Vicini" wrote:
<<<<<Subject: white little worms
I found, during my water change, some very little worms floating around
in
my tank. They really look like Tubifex but they are totally white and a
little smaller, I think that this may become a big problem for my fishes
because there were hundreds of them.
Is there a way to kill them and how did they get into my aquarium>>>>>

They are probably small bristleworms (=vermetti con le setole) of the
genus Stylaria.
You can see a picture on page 154 of the italian edition of the book of
Untergasser on fish diseases (Malattie dei Pesci d'Acquario, ed.
Primaris. Ottimo libro).
They are always around in small numbers. Too many suggest the need for
more
water changes. Totally harmless: a few fishes eat them . No need to
exterminate anybody.
They like to swim and wiggle around after water changes. Enjoy the
biodiversity.

Dionigi