Re: P. Teaniatus Wori and Taeniatus "Nigerian Redface"

Steven White wrote:

> Does anyone out there know of anyone who is bringing in wild fish from
> the Cameroons?  While some of the bigger American importers were doing
> this for awhile, I don't think that they found it financially
> worthwhile.  Again, our European friends are the ones who really
> appreciate these fish.

My importer has contacts in Cameroon and I have gotten several species from him.  I know that his imports
from there have slowed down due to the political strife in that part of the world. Because he is based in
Canada, my receiving the fish from him is classified as an import by the US.  So I have to own the
licenses and pay the inspection fees for each shipment.

I've got fry from some of the African imports: Pelvicachromis sacrimontis, P. suboccelatus, and Neolebias
ansorgii, and an Aplocheilichthys.

Anyway, the importer writes a regular column in TFH called Interesting Imports. If you want to read about
my first importing experience, check out the article "Christmas in March" at my web site:
http://www.spacestar.net/users/carey/fishroom/

- --Randy