Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis

Hi Folks,
To let you all know (esp. bay area apisto. enthusiasts), Justin at Ocean
Aquarium here in San Francisco recently got a shipment of Apistogrammoides
for a very reasonable price. I visited his store for the first time on
Sunday- cool little place!  Some of his eunotus were so colorful I thought
they were a new macmasteri group species! Anyhow, the t-bars are in
excellent condition, mine have acclimated well and vigorously displaying,
eating baby brine and staking out territories. Hope to have a breeding
report in the next few weeks.... If you're considering working with these I
highly recommend this import. I still am thinking about some of Justin's
fish displays, he maintains a large number of Apistos in one tank (30gal)
and are really striking (20+adult male bitaeniata in one tank). I have
always kept one pair/trio per tank, though Justin seems to do well with
very high fish densities. Hmmmm...
- - Steve Waldron