Pelvicachromis kribensis -Reply

>>while we are on the topic of P., does anyone know why the species
that gave the name "krib" is not common in the hobby?<<

I still see them frequently in the LFS.  But most of the club members have
"moved" on to the exotic African species mostly, with a few folks
hooked on SA cichlids.

There seems to be an unspoken push in the club to earn BAP points.  So
I see some of the top breeders cycling through species; breed 'em, dump
'em and move on to the next.

I think sometimes it's forgotten that even the old standards like Kribs and
Rams can still be fun to have and watch.

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson