Re: Pelvicachromis kribensis -Reply -Reply

>>You make it sound like the folks who are turning fish into clubs for
BAP points are very cold and calculating. <<

Kaycy,
That was not my intent.  I'm sorry if my comments came accross that
way.  In fact, the Kribs I have I bought at a BAP auction.  Six young fry
for $2.  So I have benefited from the clubs BAP program directly and am
thankful and supportive of the program.  Plus, the members are always
ready and willing to help answer questions and give advice, no matter
what the species.

The point I was trying to make was that many members may no longer
keep the old standards, such as Kribs, because they've "been there.
Done that."  And, after all, even the mose enthusiastic cichli-diot can
maintain only so many tanks.  So it's out with the old and in with the new.

I really did not intend to make a political statement with my comments.  I
was just trying to identify a possible explanation why you don't see so
many people keeping Kribs.

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson