Re: Fwd: Re: plant filtration

>Gary wrote:
>> I don't think a dangling
>>terrestrial plant would outcompete submerse plants, would it?

I'm no botanist, aquahorticulturist or anything close, but I think
philodendrons (fast growers) will sap nutrients/nitrogenous waste rapidly
from water. That means for all those who love playing chemist with iron,
fertilizers, etc. will have to compensate for this nutrient drain. For my
tanks and my anubias, java moss and occasional bolbitis (the only plants I
ever hope to grow)- no worries, all have thrived despite the terrestrial
plants.
- - Steve Waldron