Re: Universal Web Site, Houston, etc

Eric writes:

<Snip><   At least at this time, there are far more
> photos available in print media than what we have on the net so far; I
> seriously doubt this will change in the near future, ><Snip>

I agree with this, but they aren't all in one book.  Even if you buy all FIVE
Baensch volumes, you still won't have a complete list of Apistos,
Pelvicachromis, or probably most other Dwarf Cichlid genera.  The price to
collect one of every species picture in print is roughly the same as the price
of a really decent fish room.  And then you still won't have a central index
to know which fish are pictured in which books.

While getting all the fish listed on one web site may be difficult, it can be
done over time, updated and enhanced readily, and the price to users is
minimal.  Plus all the appreciation the rest of us would have for this effort,
just as we appreciate all your fine work on The Krib.

Perhaps linking would be tough for legal infringement reasons.  Maybe the URLs
of the pages with each picture could be listed, but not made as hyperlinks.
Most internet browsers and online service applications still have the classic
"Highlight and Copy" capability.  You could look up the address in the central
index, then copy it to your clipboard, paste it into the address box, and if
most browsers are like mine, then you just hit enter and it takes you to that
page.  Certainly that wouldn't be considered infringement, would it?

The trick in either case is keeping it updated.  That would require those of
us using it to notify the pagemaster whenever we found an invalid URL.  A
small price to pay for such a priviledge.

Bob