Re: Red Apistos

Thanks! My male (A. sp. "Red Point" aka "Rotpunkt") looks practically
identical to the "Puerto Narino" picture Erik has posted at the Krib. It
seems some people think these are all the same fish. If anyone would care
to enlighten me on the differences between these and other similar
variations, as well as straightne out the naming convention here I would be
happy to listen!

>  I just recently purchased Aqualog: South American Cichlids 2
>and they show two varieties of the Red Point.Which they call them
>Apisto.Red Point 1 and Red Point 2. From what I can remember
>the book shows that Red Point 1 the body colour is yellow with
>long dorsal and anal fins that are a darker yellow than the body.
>As for Red Point 2 its really hard to tell what the looks like
>because its a dark photo.
>
>Ron

- -Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com