Sex change in Apisto nijsenni

I know this is unheard of, but has anybody else ever heard of sex changes
in apistos?  I'm asking because I have a pair of Apisto nijsenni that I've
had for about a year and a half.  When they were younger I got a number of
viable spawns from them.  However, in the last few months the female has
put on quite a growth spurt, to the point where she now approaches the size
of the male (almost 2 and 1/4 inches), and her coloring has changed too!
She has a lot more blue on her and the black spot mid body is almost
nonexistant.  The large spots on the gills are narrowed down to lines also.
 Another thing that I've noticed only recently is the fact that they are
displaying to eachother like two males, inverted angled posturing while
flaring gills!  If everybody thinks I'm whacko I'll understand, but I think
this is very strange.  Any input would be appreciated!

STeve