Re: Sexing A. Nijsseni

I was wondering this myself after noticing the range of this fish. There
are also some apisto breeders around Buffalo, NY so who knows. They are
definitely luelingi though. I've been waiting for my reticulosa male to get
his "red mask" for photos, but I might go ahead and try a few this weekend
anyway.

>Well, I'm just a skeptic. Luelingi are found well outside of commercial
>fish collecting routes (Bolivia, s.e. Peru), so a big batch of wild caughts
>seems unlikely. Captive specimens I'm sure are availalble from Europe
>though. On the females, should be very noticeable distinctions from
>cacatuoides around breeding time.
>- Steve

- -Doug Brown
debrown@kodak.com