Re: Pictures! (P. pulcher or P. taeniatus?)

<<They are much more colorful than any P. pulcher >>

To my eye these are definately P.pulcher.  P. taeniatus has a very
disctinctive pattern in the tail ( in male fish).  I have kept pulcher several
times in the past ( through several generations) and I can attest that pulcher
can be a very colorful fish.  In order to see them in full color, you need to
have them in your own tanks, as they are invariably quite washed out in
dealers tanks.  Females in this genus are more difficult to differentiate, but
I would be willing to bet that the female is P. pulcher as well.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.
Jeff
WndrKdnomo@aol.com