Re: Re: sp. "Opal"?

Jeff wrote:

>I don't have any input on the Opal/Borelli identity crisis, but I might
>suggest the possibility that different collections of similar species or=

>varieties might be mixed together at some point in the importation
process,
>probably before leaving the country of origin.

That is exactly what happens with species with a wide distribution at mos=
exporters but not all. I imagine that the same could be said of most
importers.

Dave wrote:

>I go to the South American
>Importers and they are very common and are sent to Europe by my
>importers as a hot bread and butter fish.

I doubt that few, if any, fish are sent to Europe via the U.S.
Historically, the prices that Europeans and Asian markets have paid for
fish is what has limit our supply of the rare species. Even the less
reputable exporters in Peru have customers in all 3 markets.

Julio