Re: Re: sp. "Opal"?

<<I don't know what people are calling "opal", but with wild shipments
you'll find individuals representing the entire male borelli pattern
spectrum in one bag. Obviously these populations are polymorphic, doubt we
are talking about sympatric species?>>

I don't have any input on the Opal/Borelli identity crisis, but I might
suggest the possibility that different collections of similar species or
varieties might be mixed together at some point in the importation process,
probably before leaving the country of origin. The point being, just because
they come in the same box under the same name, doesn't *necessarily* mean that
they were collected in the same area.
Just a thought.

Jeff
WndrKdnomo@aol.com