Re: Cacatuoids Problem

Keep a close watch on the other fish to see if they develope any
similer sighns. At first it may sound like gill flukes, if that in
fact is the case then i reccomend Fluebenol 5% I am at work and do not
have the dosage with me but it will work the best and is the most
gentle on the fish. Stuff like formaldahyde is very strong and may
kill a small fish like an Apisto. Get a copy of the TFH book Hand Book
Of Fish Diseases. It has Info on Fluebenol 5% it will kill both
strains of flukes and info can be found in this book. You can find
this drug from FTFFA mail order. I will e-mail you the further info
when i get home.

David Sanchez

- ---Amos@grolen.com wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>     I have a pair of Cacatuoids, and I have noticed that the male is
> having a breathing problem. His gills are moving faster than normal, i
> have noticed this since the weekend.  I did a partial water change,
that
> didn't help. The PH 6.4, Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, There is one other
fish
> doing the same a Columbian Ram, He is still holding on.  The fishes
> color and scales are normal but the fish stay at the bottom. they have
> no visible signs of illness other than this. What can I do? What am I
> doing wrong?  This tank has been set up since December.
> Thank You
> Diane

Archives"!