Re: sp. "Opal"?

I do not want the situation to get out of hand. but I must state this;
me and Julio have resolved any differences and I do not wish to give
this any more life. But Mike Jacobs does not Know me? In fact we have
only seen each at fish shows he has never been to the Importers with
me nor does he know who they are."  I also know who Dave Sanchez is
and what he" .let's talk, not berate someone when you know not what
you speak"
.  I have already apologized was this neccasary?  I wish to put this
bad thing to an end and lets please just enjoy the sharing of
knowledge but Mike YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO I KNOW NOR DO YOU KNOW ME. This
was just adding fuel to the fire.

David Sanchez

- ---Mike Jacobs  wrote:

> Gary........I'll go you one better Gary......I personally know who
Julio
> is and what his contacts are and who he knows, he spend several
hours at
> my house talking apistos.  I also know who Dave Sanchez is and what he
> knows and who he knows.  Let's put it this way Julio is too kind and
> gentle a man to respond in the fashion necessary here and blow his own
> horn, but I am not!!!!!......but understanding exactly what Gary is
> talking about, the killie list, I will refrain from speaking unless
the
> attack on Julio should get worse.  Folks I have REALLY appreciated the
> calmness of this list......let's talk, not berate someone when you
know
> not of what you speak.  The most important thing to understand is that
> with all of the knowledge Julio has, and all of the contacts he has,
he
> would be the first person to sit down and LISTEN to you if you had
> information he thought would be vital......and if it differed from his
> information he would only like to discuss it not throw stones.....he
is
> a really gentle man!
>
> Mike
>
> Frauley/Elson wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> > This has always been a friendly list where we exchanged info and
debated
> > politely. Lots of people on this list know lots of importers and
> > exporters, and some know none.
> > Both sides in this debate are very knowledgeable (I've seen it in
> > postings over the last while).
> > It may not be my place to say this, as an ordinary list member like
> > everyone else on the list, but could you tone it down? I've seen
> > disasters like the killies list where confrontation replaced
debate and
> > caused massive losses of valuable members by creating a very scrappy
> > climate.
> > Let's express disagreement with mutual respect and a friendly
tone...
> > -Gary
> >
> > David Sanchez wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe we have spoken just recently, and You seemed to have no
> > > knowledge of the South American Importers here in Florida. Yet you
> > > seem to be an expert now? I believe you have many contacts with
South
> > > American Exporters not Importers or you would understand. The
fact is
> > > the fish are held here in  the exporters tanks and then sent to
> > > Hollond, Japan, etc... If you want names and adresses e-mail me
and we
> > > can talk these people are wholesale only and I dont want them to
be
> > > flooded with calls from hobbyists. Again you are mistaken on
your last
> > > point, many of the rare varieties are found as contaminents and
under
> > > false names. I have the luxery of sifting through contaminents and
> > > have found Taeniacara candidi, A.viejita color form II, A.sp.
Puerto
> > > narino and many others over the years. In fact many like
A.jurensis,
> > > A.panduro(formaly pandurini), and D.maculatus come in under
their name
> > > proper! As far the fish coming in emanciated they are held for a
week
> > > by one of my better importers before being sent to Japan, he can
do
> > > this because of the price he gets in this market. But they
always come
> > > in looking thin, they have been through alot, most Americans
will not
> > > buy this and thats why they are sent overseas. The bottom line is
> > > this; Yes,some South American Importers in Florida do send their
> > > overseas thats a fact! and Yes, you can find the rare species at
those
> > > Importers. It is not easy but with patience you will find them.
> > >
> > > David Sanchez

Archives"!

> --

>      Mike Jacobs		Math Instructor       Lakewood High
> School.........C.A.T.
> Center for Advanced Technologies    http://www.cat.pinellas.k12.fl.us
>         518 63rd Ave South    St Petersburg, Florida    33705
> 					PH:   813-867-6140     E-Mail:   mfjacobs@geocities.com

Archives"!