Apisto. retzei

I just joined this list today so here is a little about me.  I own a LFS
in Tacoma Washington as a hobby.  I work nights at a good paying job to
pay my bills so I can do what I really enjoy (breeding fish and talking
to people about fish).  I have been raising and breeding different types
of fish for about 27 years.  I have about 20 tanks in my "back room" for
MY fish that I am working on spawning.  I recently received about 12
fish that were called Apisto. retzei by the shipper in Florida.  Has
anyone heard of these or is it a misnamed fish by the suppier?  I am
looking for water conditions and breeding prefs of these fish.  They are
VERY interesting, they were building "nests" out of decayed plant matter
and guarding these quite well in their original 55 that they shared with
about 15-20 swordtails and some ottos.  I have since moved 8 of them to
a 15 gal with some slate caves/pvc which they seem to like very much.

any info would be appreciated
thanks in advance
Nick
snubber@sprynet.com