More Spawnings

Hi Folks,,

Been a really busy few days!! I think pretty soon I'm going to have a
population explosion!! The female Cacatuoides did spawn, they hatched,
and there are alot of them.
YIIIPEEE!!

And,, I have been published in Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine,,,

See May issue in Catfish Corner, by Lee Finlay. I wrote a mini article
on my pandas. Now they want a technical article, which I'll probably
start, this week, if it rains.

First though,,  on the thread about cleaning fry tanks. I have all my
fry in 5 gallon tanks, with their mothers.

,, OH,,and, this is really good,, I have a bunch of Hongsloi eggs on a
rock!!  I have them in a 2 1/2 gallon tank. I found them in Montreal,,,

I raise alot of panda fry, they are really tiny also, and stay on the
bottom, so I came up with a easy solution for tiny tanks, 5 gallons or
less,,

Take a bic pen, and take the ink out. The pen barrel fits airline
tubing, then get a "bushing" to size to your muck sucker. Now you have a
nice, precision muck sucking device, for those tiny tanks. You can even
attach a suction thing to it. Works for me. And even if a fry gets
sucked up, it doesn't seem to hurt them, when they are small.

I had a great time in Montreal, with my 'net fishy friend, George, a
member of this group. We did a fish shop tour, and I found some really
amazing things.

First store we went to, they had Borelli Opals, which I bought. Now I
have 1 male, and 3 female Borelli's.  Then, the next store, had a mated
pair of Hongsloi, and I said "really", the fish dude, sez,, "Here, look
on this rock, see the spawn". I said, I'll buy the pair if you throw in
the spawn, and the rock for free. He sez,, OK, now I have them in a 10
gallon tank to themselves. And the rock in a 2 1/2. A few eggs have
turned white, but the rest have a dark spot,,,so, cross your fingers!!

They also had Nijsseni, so I bought my so called female a male, and I
added a female.
Since they have been  together, the male has barely any tail left,,
don't know what happened there, and my female is tripping with the new
female,,,hhhhmmmmmhhhhh!!!

Then we looked at marine with my friend John. He saw some good coral, we
are going back this week-end for.

Next place had some Viejita, they have day glow blue lines on their
faces,,,so I got six. Plus they had a Agassizzi exactly like the one
that croaked, and a female, in a display tank, and I got those too.

It was a great shopping trip!!

George gave me 4 teeny tiny Cacatuoides,, the first mother adopted them,
and put them to bed with her, in a pot. Her big babies, sleep outside
now. Too cute!!!

I unloaded 3 mated pairs of angels, at a pet shop here. Now I have 8
Apisto tanks,,,

Life is good,,,

- --
Later,,