Re: Soft, acid water

samaroo wrote:

> You might try a water softener pillow.  I use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals
> pillows and get my hardness from out of the tap at 10 GH to under 3 GH.  In
> the past I have gotten it down to around
> 2 GH, but find that my fish are just as happy at 3.

The water softener pillows are like home water-softeners.  They exchange heavy
metal ions with the light metal ion Sodium.  Hardness test kits can't read the
sodium so they say it is soft.  Soap lathers more readily in this water.  Still,
the amount of dissolved solids is the same.  The conductivity is the same or
higher.

- --Randy