Re: Conductivity

IDMiamiBob wrote:

> I would think, based on my own experience, that while low conductivity is
> critical, many "blackwater" species will prefer water with low pH and lots of
> dissolved organic tannins, over water which is low in conductivity, and
> therefore low in the properties which are found in blackwater aquifers.

The article did not say that low conductivity was always desireable.  It depends
upon the species.  The main thrust of the article is that conductivity must be
measured with pH.  The article says to replicate as closely as possible the water
parameters of the species' native waters.

My point of posting was to get people to read the article and see what the guy
has to say.

- --Randy