Re: pH & hydra

In a message dated 5/1/98 5:20:53 AM, CYKong@aol.com wrote:

<< Funny thing is that I tried gouramis only because the
Baensch Atlas (vol. i) suggested it, but when I went back and checked later -
I realized that the BA was talking about gouramis (which they labelled as
trichogaster sumatranus in the pest discussion) eating planaria, not hydra.
"Hydra, leeches and diskworms" was only a heading.  Oops... all's well that
ends well, I guess.

In my 1953 copy of EXOTIC AQUARIUM FISHES by the venerable William T. Innes it
specifically recommends the Blue or Three-Spot qouramies as hydra-eaters, and
offers the Pearl Gouramie as second choice.
Jeff