Apistogramma inconspicua

Hi everyone

After a little over 20 years I returned to the hobbby, this time really
glad to find a way to exchange information, since I live in a country
(Guatemala) which is great for fish, but fairly poor in terms of dedicated
ichthyomaniacs.  For many years I kept only local species, ranging from all
the local livebearers (sailfin mollies, green swordtails, Belonesox)
through local cichlids (over two dozen species) to all sorts of bizarre
characins (Roeboides) and oddities (crested gobies, Sycidium).  The 1976
earthquake reduced my fishroom to 1500 gallons of Ceviche and I quit
keeping fish for a long time.
I started again setting up a small tank for my son in December, and was
immediately infected with the fatal itch again, especially enthusiastic
with all the "new" techniques for planted tanks.
I recently purchased some very young Apistos in an aquarium store in
Guatemala, sold locally as A. cacatuoides.  They were small (1/2 "),
translucent pale and, in general, looked like the first runner-up in the
dead-fish look-alike contest. As they recovered from poor environment,
regained a little color and grew, they  turned out to be what I believe are
A. inconspicua.  One pair just produced offspring in a 15 gl. planted tank.
I have been unable to locate info on this recently described (Kullander,
1982), apparently uncommon species, except Museum Data of pickled specimen.
I have access to an additional group (1 Male, 2 Female).
I would appreciate some species-specific diagnostics, as my only reference
so far to suspect these are A. inconspicua are 3 photos from TFH`s
piano-sized Cichlid lexicon.
If anyone is interested in info regarding this "species ?," I have kept
precise data since purchase.

Peter Rockstroh
Guatemala

plasticolor@guate.net