Re: Cross Breeding In Apistos

Hello everyone,

I was afraid this thread would bring out a lot of opinions. Let me clarify my
position on this whole thing. I am NOT attempting to cross breed apistos. This
happened in my community tank and I wanted some advice on how to handle this
situation. If I understand Bob correctly on his reply, he was saying that if the
Whittley(undescribed at this point, collectors name) is from the Hongsloi genus
that it is possible for it to cross breed with a Macmasteri. I was afraid of
that, so it is time to remove the Macmasteri to their own tank and time for me to
do a little more research before mixing apistos in the community tank. Sorry I
did not respond sooner, the only access to the net I have is at work during
lunch. Does anybody know how I can get this fish identified once and for all. If
any body wants some, I have two batches growing out in the community tank(70
gal). I would like to trade some or even give some away if it would help in
describing it any sooner or just spread them around a little. Very pretty fish,
and quite an easy breeder. Thanks again for all your input. Oh yeah, yall could
lighten up a little when somebody is trying to learn while they enjoy this
wonderful hobby. Just a thought!

Tim