Re: Apistogramma inconspicua

<snip>
> supraorbital stripe; caudal spot faint translucent iron oxide red
> (PANTONE 1807 C), but clearly separate from 7th vertical bar.

This rules out all members of the A. commbrae-group which means that we'll
have to start looking through the A. regani-look-a-likes...

What about abdominal markings?

> Female; 49 mm; Body color chromium yellow (PANTONE 123 C), lighter along
> ventral; fins reddish yellow and anterior margin of pelvic annd anal black
> extending to tip of first three fin rays; broad black suborbital stripe
> extending to inferior edge of operculum; no lateral spots on vertical bars
> 1 and 2, although spots at base of dorsal clearly defined, with black
> marking on bar 1 extending throughout first 3 fin rays; bars 3-6 faint and
> translucent, connecting large black lateral spots with black spots on
> proximal margin of dorsal; only 7th bar clearly defined; large black caudal
> spot which, although touching 7th bar, clearly distinguishable, forming a
> horizontal figure-8 marking.

This is starting to sound like an A. caetei-group Apisto. Is the entire
7:th bar clearly distinguishable, or just part of it?? Does the female,
when in spawning suit, display the whole lateral band or is it disrupted?

//Fredrik

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Saab Ab
Flutter and Loads Department
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63