Species Maintenance Program

Because of lack of communication between members or pure apathy on our
part, in recent years the Species Maintenance Program of the Apistogramma=

Study Group has been pretty much dead. The last thread on Cross Breeding
Apistos and hybridization finally convinced me of the need to restart the=

program but, we need your participation. I believe that with the number o=
members in this list and the variety of species being bred we could have =
strong program. If each member registers just one species we should be in=

good shape. =

For those of you that don't know what a SMP is, simply put, it is a
commitment to keep and breed a particular species or morph for a
significant length of time or until you find another member to pick that
species or morph. The benefits of such a program are many, including the
preservation of the species and availability to other hobbyists. I don't
know the details of the old program yet but I would like to know what wou=
ld
it take to convince you to participate. Any suggestions are welcome.

If you are ready to participate, send me (jsmelgar@compuserve.com) or Bob=

Dixon (IDMiamiBob@aol.com) an e-mail with as much description (species,
morph, locality, etc.) as you can provide. =

Thanks for your time,

Julio Melgar