Re: New Stuff on the Krib

Hi

I still think that the images in the book look a lot sharper than
the originals but some of this may be because of my screen (?).
Sharpening the images is still doctoring...

Anyone who has taken pics of fish or used some kind of direct light
on them knows that these colours exist. The fish display gorgeous
colours and a metallic glimmering. That's not bogus.

Doctored or no, many of the images are not very useful for ID-ing
fish, which to me is more important than showing off their colours.
I think Mayland/Bork could have done a LOT better with the images,
since they obviously spent a lot of time to take them (read the
email from Glaser telling how they set it all up).

Just MHO

Fredrik Ljungberg

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Saab Ab
Flutter and Loads Department
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63