My Fish Must be Really Happy

Hi Folks,,

This week my fish have been very, very busy.

First off, my male Cacatuoides has a new female who never spawned before.
 One day, after I introduced her to his tank, they spawned (Friday). Now
they have wrigglers in her pot, and last night they have spawned again,
in another pot. She now goes from pot to pot, with the male seeming to
help!!

My Hongsloi's spawned on Sunday, but she picked a tiny pot, and the large
male couldn't get his whole body in it.  If was funny to watch him try to
stuff himself in the pot with her.  It was a large spawn, but the eggs
weren't fertile.  I have taken the little pot away from them, and have
given them a pot, he can fit in.

My Bitaeniata's spawned on  Monday, but she also picked a tiny pot, and
the male didn't fertilize the eggs very well. I have also taken the tiny
pots out, and replaced them with larger pots.

Last night, when I got home from work, I noticed a female Agassizzi, was
sitting in a pot.  I checked and sure enough, the ceiling is covered in
eggs. I have moved her and her pot, to a little tank, where she can raise
her fry.

Also, last night, I noticed the Pleurotaenia female was also not coming
out of a pot.  She too, has a major spawn of eggs. I have no free tanks
left, except 2 1/2 gallon tanks, and will probably resort to moving her
and her spawn to a 2 1/2 gallon tank.

I am finding that these fish, are more prolific than my guppies.  I am
also finding them much easier to care for than my guppies.

I am definitely a cichlid-a-holic!!

Vicky