Clarification re: Changing Water in Baby Tank

Clarification --

By "up to a month", I mean "up to" -- I usually do a water change after a
week or two.  It's a risk, and not something you'd want to do at the same
time as you start feeding them more, if you follow Dave Gomberg's
suggestion, but if you're having problems after you do a water change, you
might want to try putting it off.

>I've had success with no water changes at all for up to a month.  With some
>live plants (I float water sprite in my tanks, and add clumps of java moss)
>and bacteria in the substrate (I've had greater survival rates with gravel
>on the bottom of my tank), the water doesn't seem to get too foul.
>
>Disclaimer -- I'm new to apistos, and most of my experience is with
>labyrinth fish.

Alysoun McLaughlin
alysoun@planetall.com
alysoun.mclaughlin@ncsl.org