Re: Photographing fish and awuariums?

At 09:55 PM 5/15/1998 +0200, Anja wrote:
>Do I need a very advanced camera and lences?

The best setup is multiple flashes remotely synced off an on-camera flash,
using a telephoto lens with automatic extension tubes and a small "photo"
tank with a black background far behind it and scrupulously clean glass.
Also light up the camera so you can see if there is a reflection in the
front glass of the tank.  This can be bought today for a pretty reasonable
price.  Maybe $100 for the camera body, another $100 for a telephoto, $50
for accessories, $100 for 2-3 flashes.

If you don't want to spend that much and you have a camcorder, you should
consider videotaping your fish, then using a Snappy or similar to grab a
computer image of the best frame.  I haven't done this but it may work very
well.

Finally, you can just use your point and shoot, but I don't think you will
get publishable shots.  Good luck.

- --
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>