Re: Photographing fish: digital cameras

I've been researching digital cameras.  I want to be able to publish pictures on
my web site, but it's a real pain in time and expense to shoot rolls of film,
have them developed, and then get them scanned.  Since my intended use is for the
web, I'm looking for a good digital camera--no wasted film and instant access to
my shots.

I think I've found one.  It's the "Canon PowerShot A5" which will be released in
July of this year.  Estimated street price is $700.  If I had a tighter budget,
for about $400, I'm persuaded to try the Ricoh 300Z (excellent macro ability!,
but needs the flash).

Anyway, the Canon A5 has the most sensitivity in low light, "excellent"
zoom/macro ability, and high picture quality for a camera under $1000.  A good
site listing its features and sample shots (including close-ups: check out the
watch) is at:  http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/PSA5-e/psa5_pc00-e.html

Between now and July I'll be continuing my digital camera research, but if I
don't read anything to change my mind, I'll probably get the Canon A5.

- --Randy