Re: Photographing fish and awuariums?

Hello, Anja
I have been taking photos for many years and by no means a professional
photographer. I get my pictures back, look at them, then decided what I like
and dislike about the photo and then improve on it.

I use a Minolta Maxxum 7000i. The camera is about 10 years old. I have a
50mm macro lens (I like to take a lot of pictures of the fish eggs and newly
hatched fry.) Connected to this are a +1, +2 & +4 magnifying lenses. As far
as lighting, I just use my computer dest lamp. I used to take the photos
with the light from the top of my 'photo tank' but found the photos coming
back with the fish basically black and the background very light. Now, I
place the lamp coming from the front and it lights up the fish and darkens
the background.

I do not believe that you need a fancy expensive camera. I just know what I
want my photos to look like in the end.

Good luck with whatever camera you use. Just get into your head what you are
looking for and work towards it. And the way you do that is by looking at
the photos of others and in books. You will soon get an idea of what you
like and dislike.

>So I thought about taking some photos myself and put on my homepage with
>a discription of the fish. But I've never taken photos of the aquariums
>or fish before, can anyone please give me some advice on how to take
>good pictures?
>Do I need a very advanced camera and lences, or can I use my ols
>all-in-one compact camera?? It's got no zoom, but can take photos
>without blitz.

Kaycy