Re: Photographing fish and aquariums?

At 05:10 PM 5/15/1998 -0700, Erik Olson wrote:
>Sorry, gotta disagree with Dave on this one.  I have a pentax 100mm macro
>(1:4), and it's just about perfect for apistos at its closest setting.

Eric, I think it depends on the size of the fish.  If you need 1:1 as I did
for the first published pictures of Epiplatys annulatus in this country,
the fish was only .5" long.  That meant 2:1 reproduction ratio.  With a
135mm lens, I had 270mm of lens/camera and only 65mm (2+ inches) from the
front of the lens to the fish.  A 200 would have been much better.  Like I
said, for big fish a 55 is fine.  Depends on fish size.

- --
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>