RE: Tank Size For Breeding Apistos

In many cases, volume is over rated; but good aquaristic practices are
necessary to do the things you have mentioned. The smaller the
environment, the quicker things can go wrong--but good aquaculture will
belay some of that.

Many east European/iron curtain countries often have done more, with
less. Part of the issue was intensity, innovation, and good aquaristic
talents. Though those are also found in our current hobby; perhaps not
like in the early years of this century, but still good aquaristic
practices are seen...and that's my plug nickel.