Discus and Apistos

Hi Wilfred,

Wilfred, according to the literature you are not wrong.  I compromised with
the temperature and kept it at about 28 - 28.5 C (82.4-83.3 F).  I did this
only with cacatuoides and agassizii and was only successful with them.  I
have not kept other Apistos that warm and do not know if it would work for
them.

Cheers and guten abend,

Keith Kurko,  kkurko@email.msn.com
Seattle, Washington USA

Howdy-doo Keith,

please correct me if I'm wrong, but is there not a temperature difference
between the optimal conditions for keeping both, Discus and Apistos? I kept
and bred my Apistos (ok, not even rare types: cacatoides, agassizii,
borelli...) in a temp. range of 24...26 C - The Discus (S. aequ.
aequifasciata) I keep [not breed, no success :o{ ] in a range between
29...31 C. The other water conditions may be are similar ie soft 'n acid
water. Maybe it is the "secret of breeding Discus" to have other fish in the
same tank ;^)
Best regards
Wilfred
Wilfred Teiser - Germany