Re: Rainwater collection -Reply

>I've often toyed with the idea of adding a "rain barrel" to one of my
down
>spouts to collect water.  Anyone have experience with this?  I'm
>concerned about:

I have done this in the past for a 120 gal. community tank with
some apisto. macmasterii.  It worked very good for me.
However, keep in mind the "toxins" normally found in roofing materials.
I actually paid no real heed to this, and found it to be no real
problem.  But, enough people have warned against it that it must
be a "real" issue.
Joe