Re: Buying and Mixing Apistos

Mike wrote:
> Kullander feels A. roraimae is quite
> likely just a different population of A. gibbiceps.
>
> The interesting thing about A. gibbiceps is the variation in difficulty
hobbyists
> have breeding this species.

Thanks Mike, a little more informative than my short reply.

Kullander has still A. roraimae as a synonym to A. gibbiceps
(look at www.nrm.se).

The varied difficulty is true for T. candidi as well. I had problems
breeding these in normal water, but with 'tea' it worked fine. Then I
spoke to another enthusiast in a neighbouring city and he had bred them
in his normal tap water which is soft and around neutral. I can't explain
that difference any other way than what Mike wrote above, different
populations. Anyone has any other ideas ??

Fredrik L.

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Saab Ab
Flutter and Loads Department
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63