RE: Buying and Mixing Apistos

G'day Sydney folks, I myself am also an Apisto lover in Sydney...

I sort of have exactly the same question, as I have been interested in
getting some gibbeceps but am affraid of mixing em (considering I now
have 4 males and 4 females of A. cacatuoides in a 2foot 25g tank, and
territories could be a problem)...

I had a blue Ram in my tank with the Apisto's, but he tended to pick on
the female Apisto's, so I'd be carefull here...

Have you checked out St George Aquariums recently, theres Agassizi there
at the moment... (checked yesterday)

I've heard that gibbeceps can be slightly agro towards other species, so
you might wanna check this out further...

By the way, where abouts are macmasterii for sale? I've been tallying a
list of who normally stocks Apisto's, and the prices etc in Sydney...

I find that the most common Apisto's available in Sydney are agassizi
and gibbeceps... the harder ones to find are cacatuoides and macmasteri
(oh and I've also seen some trifasciata's recently too, though that was
the ONLY time)

Cheers
Matt