DEAD TRIPLE RED.

Tim wrote; <<<<< DEAD TRIPLE RED.

  Can anybody give me a good reason why my male trip red just croaked? I
fed
him two days ago with brine shrimp and some worms twice daily from the
garden
and the next day he past on. I've been feeding the other male/female the
same
foods and there doing great. The tank is as follows ph 6.4 hardness
90ppm,temp
82* I thought that he got a bad worm but they all ate from the same
worm,(cut
into pieces). Any reason why?  very confussed?####&%$@$#?.  Thanks  TIM.

I would suspect indigestion with intestinal blockage. Small fishes
can die of excessive feedings of blackworms or earthworms, since
they are so fond of them, that they eat a disproportionate amount.
Especially the dominant fish in the tank.
I would feed earthworms to apistos only if:
1) red compost worms are used. Garden worms have a skin that is
much tougher and indigestible, even for bigger fishes
2) very small pieces are used, and only 1-2/day/fish

Sorry for the loss

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno@roche.com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.