RE: Classification (was Panduro)

And Axlerod has published in TFH creating species that are 'legit'. The
one thing about the old stuffy ichthyological journals was  that they
were SLOW in getting things through to publication--peer review,
editor's work, technical editing, and the publishing process
itself--thus causing two-three YEAR delay in describing a fish. Monthly
magazines provide quicker (and in Axlerod's case) easier means to get
another species named after him (yeah, I know, I'm critical).

IEF is an excellent journal that many newly described species are being
described; but again it is a 'quarterly' journal, and published late.

Buntbarsche Bulletin has a legit description or two as I recall.

As long as the description is rigorous and meets the requirements of the
naming conventions, etc., it can be described...it may change when
someone else does the work later if the work-up was not good enough, but
that's another story.