Cacatuoides and hard water

A while ago I donated a pair of cacatuoides to a friend of mine,
who lives in an area where the tapwater is moderately hard and
alkaline (I do not have the exact parameters). As expected, the
pair is not breeding, but it is otherwise healthy and happy.
Now this person has to move, and she has available in the new
place only a 55 gal tank with coral gravel. The questions is,
ignoring breeding issues, has anybody kept cacatuoides in
tanks with elevated general hardness, such as  those occurring
with coral gravel substrates?

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno@roche.com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.