Re: greyish white blotch

> Perhaps related to this:
>
> I, ve just come back from a week away. One of my Discus has a white blotch
> but not located on the face (near the dorsal fin). The spot is round and
> sthg like 2-2.5 mm in diameter. Perhaps two weeks ago, there were two small
> transparent/ gelatinous 0.5 mm diameter spots. Now the spot  doesn't seem
> to have a fungus/filamentous/cotton-wool appearence but is rather somehow
> shiny. The fish is seems fine.
> Any thought please. I'll be away for 2 weeks from next Friday.
>

> If it is the same disease as Mike's one and of bacterial nature as Kathy
> suggests it (Gram-negaticve), would a usual anti-internal bacteria
> treatment be useful? With some methylene blue or malachite green oxalate?

THis sounds more like hole in the head disease, which is NOT caused by a
Gram Negative Rod but instead Hexamita, treatment is totally different.
This is treated with metronidazole or dimetridazole.  Medicated food is
able (tetra has medicated flake) but often the fish are not eating well,
so water treatment is resorted too.  They say water changes, good
oxygenation of water and a varied diet may be important with this (? if
vitamin C defieciency plays a role)

Again I'm not a vet, just some ideas.

Good Luck
Kathy