Re: Mamore

Mike wrote:

Apisto folks........about a month ago I got some fish from Julio.  Great
fish, but that's not what I'm asking about...;-)  My A. sp "Mamore Blue"
spawned and there are about 30-40 wigglers.  Question...I also got a
pair of "Mamore reds"....they were smaller and are just now coming up to
breeding size, but will I get "Mamore Reds" from the "Mamore Blues" or
are they seperate from one another or does anyone know
yet?............great fish folks.  Very stately....very proud upfront
fish!  How close to A. trifaciata are they.....has anyone decided yet?

As to how close they are to trifasciata, I do not know.  If I remember
correctly (from conversations with Julio and others), the "Reds" will
produce a few blues in their offspring and the "Blues" will produce a very
few reds in their offspring.  Whether it's "Reds" or "Blues", they are IMHO
on of the most attractive apistos around.

--Cliff