Pertensis

Thanks for your comments, Mike,Hans & Kathy.
I'd love to be able to post a photo but I'm not that technologically advanced
yet!
I'm pretty certain now that it is Pertensis. It has 7 bands on the caudal, and
is generally bluish.
It looks most like the Pertensis in the Linke & Staeck book (and absolutely
NOTHING like the Pertensis in the Mayland/Bork !! ho ho).However he does'nt
have long ventrals(they could have been nipped off).
As for the fry-They've been free swimming for 9 days and there are
35-40(buggers to count). Plumping up nicely on bbs. Seeing a brooding female
apisto for the first time is truly awesome.
Jason