pertensis or meinkeni

Hi Jason,

It's great that you have fry of this fish, really great! Keep us (at least
me) informed. As to the differences: Mike gave some solid things to look at.
I've kept a stray meinkeni for some time and saw some pertensis in the shop
and the difference in overall impression are also quite clear. Look in the
Aqualog. The pertensis stands out. The dorsal of pertensis is clearly
higher, maybe if you don't have a reference you might have doubts, but it's
quite clear if you compare the two. The colors and markings in the caudal
are also far more stronger in pertensis than in meinkeni. Even in an
overcrowded dealer's tank, they're strong while, under these conditions,
meinkeni's colors fade. The pertensis also makes a blueish impression,
meinkeni doesn't. I would say, try to compare the two alive or otherwise
look at the picture in the aqualog. The differences are usually clearly there!

Hans