Re: Dividers and Spirulina

>Also, Brine Shrimp Direct (thanks for that info Bill) sent me a sample of
>spirulina flakes with the BBS eggs. Do any of you feed the BBS spirulina
>(or any other supplements) and is it worth it?
>
>-Doug Brown
>debrown@kodak.com

Doug,

A few years ago I raised a batch of BBS all the way to adulthood to see if
and how it could be done.   I used a bare10 gal. tank with salt water,
overhead light and an airstone.  I fed them a product called Roti-Rich made
by Florida Aqua Farms [phone (352) 567-8540] and some yeast. Roti-Rich was
mostly concentrated algae, yeast and a few other things - it was a green,
sludgy liquid.  BBS turned into ABS in a couple of weeks.

I also use yeast or Roti-Rich to feed store bought ABS before I feed them to
the fish.

Florida Aqua Farms also publishes a nice book called Plankton Culture
Manual, a well-researched and informative book that says BBS should be fed
within 10-12 hours after hatching...unless you feed them.  4 and 5 day old
juv. BS fed on algae are perfect food for large-gaped Apistos like
cacatuoides and Laetacara sp.

Vinny
vkutty@prodigy.net