Re: D. filamentosus

Hi,
My friend has recently bred this species.  They were in a
16x8x8 tank decorated with a fine sand substrate, java
moss, an amazon sword and a clay saucer.  He also had a
peat bag in the tank to lower the pH.

The water was about pH 5 when thay spawned.  The male was
removed post spawning, maybe not required in a largertank.
We do not know where the eggs were laid as we never saw
them.

When the fry were free swimming he fed them first with
micro-worms and then bbs.  The female was left with the fry
for about three weeks.  They are still growing well.

The male was about 7cmTL, the female 5.

I also had a go with them but sadly the male contracted
dropsy and died soon after the move to my tank.

Hope this helps,
Ken.

Ken Laidlaw
UK Astronomy Technology Centre